TORONTO ROCK CHEERLEADER AUDITIONS!!
- Perform in front of thousands of fans at all nine (9) 2016 Toronto Rock home games
- Take part in various Community, Charity and Corporate events throughout the city
- Share your knowledge and experience with our Mini Miss Cheerleader Camp program
- Take part in video and photo shoots for Toronto Rock games, events and merchandise
- MAKE LIFETIME FRIENDS!!!
- High School graduate
- Have a reliable means of transportation for all Rock home games and weekly practices
- Must be able to attend all rehearsals
- Must be 19 years old by auditions
DATE, TIME and LOCATION
Date: Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015
Time: Registration begins at 9:30am. Auditions will end at 3:00pm
Location: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON, L6H 6G1
Interested young ladies should complete the application form online or e-mail it to [email protected]
On the day of Auditions, please bring the following with you to sign-in:
- A copy of your application form
- $15 application fee (cash only)
- Driver’s license or passport for identification
- A head shot (the photo will NOT be returned)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is being a Toronto Rock Cheerleader a Full-Time Job?
No, most Cheerleaders hold part-time or full-time jobs or attend school.
Are there any height and weight requirements?
You should look well-proportioned in a cheerleader uniform. We DO NOT have specific height and weight requirements; however, a lean figure is demanded by our uniform.
Are there any age requirements?
You must be at least 19 by the time of Auditions.
What should I wear to Auditions?
Running shoes & 2-piece attire: Top: Dance/Athletic Bra Top Bottom: Hot Pants/Booty shorts
(No Tank Tops or Bike Shorts)
What does it take to be a Toronto Rock Cheerleader?
Our judges will focus on the following:
- Dance Technique
- Personal Appearance
How should I wear my hair and make-up?
Your hair should be worn down in a current hairstyle that compliments your features. Your make-up should be shades that complement your natural beauty.
How will I know if my application was received and accepted?
You will receive an e-mail stating that your application was accepted. Please wait until one week prior to auditions if you have not received this e-mail to call the Toronto Rock office at 416-596-3075. Candidates must use an e-mail address for communication.
What do I need to bring to Auditions?
- $15.00 Application Fee (Cash Only)
- A head shot (this does not have to be a professional shot, it is only used to identify each candidate; the photo will NOT be returned)
- Water bottle
- Lunch and Snacks (it will be a long day)
- Personal Items (Make-up, Hair brush, etc.)
What is the Audition Process?
Auditions are a multi-step process beginning with Application, Dance Audition and Personal Interview.
- Dance Audition: Candidates will be taught a dance combination from a choreographer which will also include a 15 second “freestyle” component. You will perform this in groups of 2 for the judging panel.
- Personal Interview: Candidates will participate in an interactive interview with the judges from our judging panel.
- Deliberation: Judges will retire to make their final decisions.
- Finalists Announced: After the audition process, finalist will have a brief meeting with Cheerleader Head Coach, Krista Valadao.
If I do not make the team will my application be kept on file?
No. You must re-apply with a new application, non-returnable photo, and application processing fee each year.
If I am not selected for the 2015/16 Cheerleading team, may I call the Toronto Rock office to receive my judge’s comments?
No. The judge’s sheets are not kept on file and comments about your audition are not available.
What type of time commitment is required if chosen for the Toronto Rock Cheerleading Team?
TOTAL COMMITMENT IS REQUIRED!!!!
- Rehearsals (generally 8:45pm – 11:00pm)
- All Toronto Rock home games (Rock schedule posted on-line)
- Personal Appearances (Charity, Community and Corporate)
- Mini Miss Cheerleader program
- Photo shoot (date to be confirmed)
- Attendance to our Cheerleader Boot Camp (date to be confirmed)
Can my family watch auditions?
No. The auditions are closed to the public.