The NLL has released the official playoff scenarios for the Toronto Rock heading into the final weekend of the season.
Toronto Rock (8-9)
Toronto will clinch a playoff berth with:
1. A win Saturday at Buffalo, OR
a. Toronto would be 9-9 and cannot be caught for third place.
2. One Rochester loss this weekend vs. Georgia, OR
a. Rochester would have 11 losses and could not catch Toronto.
3. A New England win Saturday vs. Vancouver.
a. New England would have 9 wins and finish second.
b. Toronto and Rochester would finish in a tie at 8-10.
c. Toronto won the season series, 2-1.
Toronto will clinch a playoff berth AND a first round home playoff game with:
1. A win Saturday at Buffalo AND a New England loss Saturday vs. Vancouver.
a. Toronto finishes 9-9 and New England 8-10.
Toronto will be eliminated from playoff contention with:
1. A loss Saturday at Buffalo, AND two Rochester wins vs Georgia, AND a New England loss Saturday vs. Vancouver
a. Toronto, New England, and Rochester would finish in a three-way tie at 8-10. Toronto is eliminated, as outlined in the three-way tiebreaker described above in the New England scenarios.