POSITION: Merchandise Manager
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday + some weekends and holidays as required related to game days and summer events
The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club of the National Lacrosse League is looking for a motivated, confident and organized individual to fill a Merchandise Manager role that involves purchasing, reporting and tracking sales, building relationships with suppliers and vendors, monitoring inventory and managing all merchandise orders at all locations.
- Minimum University/College Degree in Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management, Business or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Apparel purchasing experience required
- Sports industry experience preferred
- Retail Management experience will be considered an asset
- Strong knowledge of budget maintenance, pricing models, category management and forecasting
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of database and inventory-control software Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (verbal & written) and computer skills required
- Experience in event execution will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Shopify or comparable eCommerce platform will be considered an asset
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet required deadlines
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Monitor and manage Toronto Rock merchandise inventory at all locations: Toronto Rock Office, Online Store, Box Lacrosse Store, Scotiabank Arena Team Shop & Kiosks on Game Days
- Manage and reconcile inventory with consignment locations
- Manage relationship with MLSE to properly execute Game Days; including creating/sending packing lists, new SKU generation and management
- Track and report sales at all locations
- Preparation and documentation of timely, accurate merchandise sales statements and reports for management review
- Maintain budget and provide forecast reporting
- Provide cost analysis for all merchandise items ordered and added into inventory (quality of item, set-up costs, licensing fees, embellishments, quantity to order, profit margin etc.)
- Coordinate all aspects of team uniform, including jerseys and their construction, and team-wear
- Manage all aspects of Toronto Rock online Team Store by fulfilling orders and shipping product, provide packing slips/receipts, website maintenance, maintain inventory levels etc.
- Managing the transfer of merchandise stock between applicable retail locations, creating packing slips and educating retail staff on promotions and new products
- Research new products to build range assortment and generate best methods to improve gross profit margin and introduce new merchandise items to keep offerings updated and relevant
- Purchasing new product and implementing into inventory and subtraction of discontinued items
- Collaborate with Marketing and Ticketing departments to plan effective promotional strategies (Bobbleheads, Season Ticket Holder gifts, Ticket Package items etc.)
- Analyze sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Interpret and initiate in-season and off-season merchandise sales opportunities
- Manage and maintain Game Worn Jersey program
- Coordinate orders for Corporate and Promotional item purchasing when applicable
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors including, but not limited to, all National Lacrosse League licensed and non-licensed vendors
- Coordinate merchandise items used for donation, giveaways etc.
- Track sales trends, pricing, customer buying habits and patterns
- Discontinue products from inventory when applicable
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants can forward their cover letter & resume via email to Terri Giberson at [email protected]. Please include job title in the Subject Line. Application deadline is October 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
POSITION: Ticket Account Executive
REPORTS TO: Director of Ticket Sales
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales and Service
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM – Some weekends and holidays required
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre – 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville
SALARY: Salary + commission
NATURE & SCOPE
As a member of the Ticket Sales & Service department, this position is responsible for proactively sourcing new business, recognizing and responding to business opportunities, as well as single game order taking and fulfilment. This position predominately involves outbound and inbound phone correspondence. This is an entry-level position within the Toronto Rock organization.
- Prospecting new group, season and flex pack sales opportunities through research, cold calling, referrals and networking events.
- Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups.
- Developing professional relationships with current clients for renewal and referral leads.
- Sell and manage group ticket programs with the goal to increase in arena attendance and revenue
- Meet both ticket revenue and ticket unit goals
- Handle incoming ticket related calls & inquiries
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Minimum 200 outbound calls per week.
- Recognize and react to Customer Service issues with quick and positive solutions
- Generate new Gondola Suite sales
- Work constructively with all members to achieve targets
- Assist in a variety of game-related duties on game days including, client / prospect interaction, distribution of sales materials, signage set-up and takedown, troubleshooting, etc.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including tradeshows, community events, conventions, etc.
- Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum College/University degree
- A strong desire to begin a career in the sports industry
- Prior sales experience inside or outside a sports franchise or organization a benefit
- Excellent relationship building and people skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications
- Assertive, confident, persistent and results-oriented
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- While looking to succeed personally, you must be able and interested in supporting a team environment and adhering to the Ticket Sales & Service department’s objectives, goals and mandates
- Familiarity with event ticketing system is considered an asset
- Flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays for games and events
Please forward your resumé to Knesia Sholdra at [email protected] by September 6. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.