POSITION: Graphic Designer
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON
The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club is currently seeking a Graphic Designer. This mid-level/intermediate position will be responsible for all graphic design and digital media aspects relevant to a professional sports organization in a North American League.
The successful candidate will be involved in creating work that is aligned with the Toronto Rock brand messaging in a variety of graphic design components, which includes but is not limited to:
- Project Coordination
- Execute all creative components; print and digital posters, game details, brochures/flyers, broadcast graphics, and other social media and communication materials)
- Branding Identity:
- Collaborate on branding concepts and procure a suitable source for layouts, designs etc.
- Obtain content from branding resource(s) and create clear, concise, engaging designs
- Provide consistency in maintaining the Rock’s visual identity
- Develop ideas to increase brand identity and recognition
- Create digital graphic content (web banners, promo materials, social media content, video graphics, bumpers)
- Contribute unique and creative content to the digital platform using various tools including animation and motion graphics
- Collaborate and coordinate the design of various special projects as required – such as jerseys, banners and digital content.
- Image/photo editing as required
- Develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts
- Maintain knowledge of current graphic design trends, methods and production technology
- Coordinate and communicate with involved team members on projects
- Maintain archive of images, photos and work products
- Other projects as required
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Completion of College/University degree in Graphic Design
- 3+ years of graphic design experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite: In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Affects and/or Motion
- Demonstrable graphic design skills
- Highly creative and innovative with a passion to connect with and engage the fan base
- Self motivated, organized and efficient in all design aspects of the position
- Exceptional time management skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks in a faced paced working environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Complete additional time sensitive projects when required
- Comfortable with constructive criticism
- Photography education is considered an asset
Interested applicants can apply via email to Terri Giberson at [email protected]. Please include a resume, a link to portfolio/work samples and salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.