Home Opener Goes Saturday At 5pm
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (0-0) take on the Vancouver Warriors (0-0) Saturday at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON to open each team’s 2022-23 NLL season. The Rock and Warriors met just once last season, in Vancouver, and it was Toronto coming away with a 14-5 road win.
Fans can watch the game vs. Vancouver live at 5pm ET on TSN 1/4 and TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- The Rock were awesome at home last year, going 7-2 in front of the Rock City faithful. The home side will lean on the crowd to bring the energy as per usual tonight in Hamilton.
- The Warriors come into tonight’s game with a new bench boss in former Rock Head Coach Troy Cordingley. The veteran coach led the Rock to a championship in 2011. He’s also had stops in Calgary and Buffalo as a Head Coach.
- The Rock offence will look a lot different this year. The main reasons are the departure of Rob Hellyer and the transition of Challen Rogers from a defensive role to a full-time offensive role. The Rock captain continues to prove that he’s a multi-tool player that can do it all at both ends of the floor, like no other in the game.
- While Rogers moving up to the front door draws most of the headlines, free agent signings Corey Small and Stephen Keogh also standout as major offensive additions. In preseason Keogh has been nearly unstoppable giving the Rock a physical presence up front they have lacked in recent years.
- Chris Corbeil, who was also brought in via free agency, will miss the beginning of the season after tearing a pectoral muscle during preseason training. He underwent surgery in late October and was placed on the Injured Reserve List in early November.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features Toronto Rock Head Coach Matt Sawyer and goaltender Nick Rose.
Tickets are still available for Saturday’s Home Opener. You can also purchase at the FirstOntario Centre Box Office right up until game time.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.