Rock Looking To Bounce Back After OT Loss
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (2-3) will play host to the Rochester Knighthawks (2-3) Saturday at 7:00pm ET at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON. Due to provincial restrictions, the game will be played without fans in attendance.
Fans can watch the game live at 7:00pm ET on TSN2 and TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- The Rock no longer have anyone on the COVID-19 Protocol List, however the number of players on the Injured Reserve List is growing. Adam Jay has been sidelined with an upper body injury suffered in the Rock’s loss to Halifax on January 15. Latrell Harris rejoined the team earlier this week at practice but suffered a lower body injury and was also placed on the IR. They join Brandon Slade and Reid Reinholdt who both remain out with injuries.
- The Rock have kept three goaltenders on the Active Roster for this weekend’s game.
- Dan Dawson is knocking down milestones, but now has a couple of all-time records to chase down. He needs to play 7 more games to become the all-time leader in games played and he is 18 assists away from being the king of the apples. Both all-time records are currently held by John Tavares.
- While many have posed the question this week about the team’s confidence level around Rock number one netminder Nick Rose, the consistent answer has been that Rosey is our guy, and the confidence level is high. Nick Rose will start in goal.
- Rochester goaltender Rylan Hartley is another product of the Orangeville goalie factory. As is the case quite often in the NLL, two goaltenders from the ‘Ville will go head-to-head.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s guest is Rock Captain Challen Rogers.
The Rock’s next game will be away from home on Saturday, February 5 against the Philadelphia Wings. Fans can stream the game on TSN Direct.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at [email protected] or visit torontorock.com.