Ticket Account Executive
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Monday – Friday + some weekends and holidays
Toronto Rock Lacrosse is actively scouting a passionate, enthusiastic and customer-service oriented individual to join our team as a member of the Ticket Sales & Service department. Reporting to the Director of Sales & Service, the Ticket Account Executive is responsible for providing exceptional customer service via phone and email, proactively sourcing new channels/opportunities for ticket revenue growth, and assisting with single ticket orders/fulfilment.
- Prospecting new group, season and flex pack sales opportunities through research, cold calling, referrals and networking events;
- Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups;
- Developing and nurturing professional relationships with current clients for renewal and referral leads.
- Selling and managing group ticket programs with the goal to increase in arena attendance and revenue
- Meeting both ticket revenue and ticket unit goals set out by the Director of Sales & Service;
- Handling incoming ticket-related calls & inquiries with a high level of professionalism;
- Executing on a minimum of 200 outbound calls per week;
- Resolving customer service issues with positive and customer-focused solutions;
- Generating new leads for suite sales
- Assisting in a variety of roles on game days including (but not limited to) client / prospect interaction, distribution of sales materials, signage set-up and takedown, troubleshooting, etc.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including tradeshows, community events, conventions, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Minimum College/University degree
- A strong desire to begin a career in the sports industry
- Prior sales experience inside or outside a sports franchise or organization an asset
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications
- Assertive, confident, persistent and results-oriented
- While looking to succeed personally, you must be able and interested in supporting a team environment and adhering to the Ticket Sales & Service department’s objectives, goals and mandates
- Familiarity with Archtics is considered an asset
- Flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays for games and events
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Justin Bernardo, Director of Ticket Sales & Service at [email protected].
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
Business Operations Coordinator
POSITION: Business Operations Coordinator
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday + some weekends and holidays as required
The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club is looking for a motivated, confident and organized individual to fill an operations role that involves controlling all merchandise programs, assisting Directors in day-to-day business operations and supporting various departments to achieve efficient business processes and functions.
- Minimum University/College Degree in business, sports marketing or related discipline
- Accounting experience relating to budget maintenance, pricing models, profit margins and forecasting etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of Shopify or comparable inventory-control sales software
- Merchandising and purchasing experience will be considered and asset
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet required deadlines
- Establish yearly plan and budget for all Toronto Rock merchandise plans (in-game sales, Toronto Rock Team Shop, Jr. NLL Tournament)
- Research, plan and purchase new products for all Toronto Rock apparel/accessories/novelty to build range merchandise assortment while keeping offerings relevant and improving gross profit margin
- Provide cost analysis for all merchandise items ordered (quality of item, set-up costs, licensing fees, embellishments, quantity to order, profit margin etc.)
- Manage and maintain Toronto Rock merchandise inventory in order to meet sales demands at the Toronto Rock Lacrosse Shop, FirstOntario Centre Team Shop & Kiosks during home games
- Research, build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Work with Fanatics team and licensed NLL vendors to collaborate on offerings for Rock page on fanatics.ca
- Initiate internal plans to promote online merch sales to fanatics.ca for maximum NLL Team Affiliate Program payouts and provide regular Fanatics sales payout reports
- Implement and oversee game day sales plans at FirstOntario Centre; designing overall store & kiosk set-up and display, hiring & training game day sales staff, securing signage, sales reconciliation & reports, inventory management etc.
- Ensure Toronto Rock Lacrosse Shop merchandise stock for Rock apparel, jerseys, hats etc. is stocked and replenished as required
- Analyze merchandise sales figures, pricing, buying patterns and sports market trends to anticipate product needs
- Preparation and documentation of timely, accurate merchandise sales statements and reports for management review, monthly sales reports and all other seasonal sales and promotions
- Coordinate all aspects and ordering of of team uniform, including jerseys and shorts for pre-season, regular season, charity games and playoffs (cresting, sizing details, sponsors, player designations etc.), shorts and applicable sideline apparel for players and coaching staff
- Manage all Team season equipment & apparel orders: including gloves, balls, helmets & cages, heads/shafts, bags, shoes etc.
- Coordinate all applicable jersey cresting needs – merchandise sales, player/team jerseys, shoulder patches, charity game jerseys, sponsor jersey patches etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Ticketing departments to plan and order of all promotional items (Bobbleheads, Season Membership gifts, Ticket Package, playoff rally towels, entrance hand out items, sponsor obligated items etc.)
- Work with Ticketing Operations and Director of Business Operations to provide valuable marketing analytics relating to promotions, advertising campaigns, announcements and summarize insights for Management
- Coordinate all charitable partner ticket and merchandise donations which includes maintaining records of distribution and redemption and annual reports
- Assist with collecting materials and data for corporate sponsors updates and reporting, including: metrics, stats, demographics data, photos/video etc.
- Assist with various corporate partnerships opportunities relating to events, promotions and/or game day fulfilment
- Maintain elements of Toronto Rock Internship Program as required
- Assist with various League reporting (post-game reports, marketing updates etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Please apply via Linked In
Reception/Financial Administrative Assistant
POSITION: Reception/Financial Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre – 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Operations & Director of Finance
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday
The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club is looking for an energetic, confident and organized individual to provide reception, administrative and finance support. The incumbent will be expected to greet and assist visitors, direct inquiries and phone calls to appropriate staff members in addition to performing day-to-day administrative, financial and book-keeping duties.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to liaise with clients, staff and outside parties in a professional manner
- Post-secondary education in office administration, office information technology or a related field or related relevant experience
- Accounting / book-keeping experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of office specific software such as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Effective time management skills with ability to work under pressure and excellent attention to detail with an ability to prioritize multiple requirements and deadlines
- Must be able to deal with confidential matters appropriately
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Must be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements and able to adapt to on-going changes
- Fun and energetic attitude
- Day to day reception duties including but not be limited to greeting and directing visitors, answering phone inquiries and handling complaints in a courteous, professional manner
- Provide administrative assistance to the Finance team: balance and complete cheque deposits and cash receipts; data entry of accounts payable information ensuring all vendor invoices are calculated properly and matched with purchase order where applicable; update vendor information in payables system, issue and maintain Purchase Orders and contract data within MS Excel; process scheduled system cheque runs; print all payables reports and other month end close duties as directed
- Physical & digital filing and retrieving financial documents including payables and payroll; assist with retrieving documents for audit; arrange shredding of financials documents when no longer required to be kept on file
- Administrative support for HR functions including the set up and termination of employees on payroll, group benefits, cellular plans, tracking of personnel vacation and sick days
- Review and process staff and player expense reports
- Administrative support for insurance policy requirements including players insurance claim requests, US workers compensation filings, audits
- Manage filing systems for all financial, HR/personnel and general central files, ensuring accuracy, security and confidentiality
- Work closely with Directors of Business Operations and Finance to review, develop and implement office, facility and program related policies, protocols and forms
- Administrative support for TRAC and Athletics department including document/report/form preparation, insurance requirements and waivers, program supplies & food orders as required, support for online & in-person registration payments/refunds
- Provide general administrative duties such as ordering and stocking office and kitchen supplies, photocopying, filing, incoming & outgoing mail distribution, scheduling couriers, maintain and update floor telephone lists
- Arrange meetings, distribute memos and reports, and take minutes when required
- Screen telephone calls and responds to routine, moderate and complex inquiries
- Responds to messages from the answering service as required
- Organize travel and accommodation for the corporate visitors and staff
- Maintain overall standard of the office space
- Maintain current list of all items and supplies located at off-site storage facility
- Other administrative/office coordination duties as assigned
Please apply via Linked In