POSITION: Web & IT Administrator
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre, 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville, ON
HOURS OF WORK: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday + some weekends and holidays required
The Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club & Toronto Rock Athletic Centre are looking for a highly motivated, qualified individual with the ability to problem solve, organize and prioritize duties, meet deadlines and work independently in a small office environment. The Web & IT Administrator supports the day-to-day activities for the organizations websites and provides general organizational IT support through liaison with outsourced technology service providers.
- Highly computer literate
- Comprehensive understanding of current web and related technologies, languages, programs and platforms experience in Web design or administration
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat), HTML, WordPress, CMS, Shopify, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Word)
- Familiarity with support and troubleshooting of wired & wireless networks, personal computers and printers
- Self-motivated and organized with an ability to multi-task and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and conflicting project demands
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, highly reliable and accountable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, fluent in English
- General understanding of network router, switch, LAN, Wireless LAN, Firewall, and basic understanding of Windows Server and Windows IP configurations
- Experience working with computer networks, network administration and hardware will be considered an asset
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree or College diploma required, with emphasis on computer, IT or Web design related studies
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
Web Design & Administration
- Recommends, develops, administers and maintains/updates web pages and sites including adding, removing and updating content and images
- Tests, troubleshoots and resolves website questions and requests
- Collaborates with all departments to plan, develop and maintain websites content, style and layout
- Maintains sites appearance by recommending best practices in design, layout standards, policies and guidelines
- Monitors site presence and creates & analyzes reports on web activity, number of hits, traffic patterns and other metrics and provides recommendations as required
- Works with Marketing & Communications departments to ensure the web efforts are successfully integrated across all marketing channels and the appearance on webpages are consistent with other various advertisements and collateral materials
- Ensures websites meet the business needs of Toronto Rock Lacrosse and Toronto Rock Athletic Centre by understanding business objectives and working with all departments and external service providers to create appropriate web solutions and perform web enhancements and upgrades as required (e.g., search engine optimization (SEO), new functionality, features, tools, software version upgrades, etc.)
Network & Desktop Support
- Develops and maintains relationship with external technology service providers and becomes first point of contact
- Troubleshoots and resolves connectivity issues with networking equipment, routers, telephone equipment and business machines
- Liaises with external service providers to ensure the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software, print services, email provision, online store and CRM systems and recommends network, server and related equipment and software upgrades/improvements as required
- Acquires, installs, or upgrades personal computer components and software as required; maintains security policies
- Offers technical support for projects including researching and testing new software packages for use in web operations or other applications
- Manage and maintain various in-house business software, including but not limited to; Sales Force (CRM), Shopify (online store), EZ Facility (facility management), Sage 50 (accounting)
- Develop professional report and presentation layout templates using Powerpoint for use within Ticketing and Sponsorship departments
- Plays a lead role in all technology initiatives
Interested applicants can forward their resume by July 31st 2017 via email to Terri Giberson at email@example.com. Please include job title in the Subject Line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those requested for an interview will be contacted.
POSITION: Intern, Ticket Sales and Service
REPORTS TO: Director of Ticket Sales
DEPARTMENT: Ticket Sales and Service
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM – Some weekends and holidays required
LOCATION: Toronto Rock Athletic Centre – 1132 Invicta Drive, Oakville
SALARY: Unpaid internship with commission incentives.
NATURE & SCOPE
As a member of the Ticket Sales & Service department, the successful candidate will provide general support to the daily responsibilities of our full time Account Executives such as, but not limited to, sourcing new business, recognizing and responding to business opportunities, as well as single game order taking and fulfillment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting the full time staff with prospecting new group, season and flex pack sales opportunities through research, cold calling, referrals and networking events.
- Sell and manage group ticket programs with the goal to increase in arena attendance and revenue.
- Assist full time staff with sales proposals and meeting preparation.
- Handle incoming ticket related calls & inquiries.
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Recognize and react to Customer Service issues with quick and positive solutions
- Work constructively with team members to achieve targets
- Assist in a variety of game-related duties on game days including, client / prospect interaction, distribution of sales materials, signage set-up and takedown, troubleshooting, etc.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including trade shows, community events, conventions, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas, with the aim to prepare them for a successful career in the sport industry:
- Ticket Sales and Service
- Game Day Operations
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s degree or diploma program in a related field: Sport Management or Administration, Marketing or Business during the term of the internship.
- A strong desire to begin a career in the sports industry
- Excellent relationship building and people skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within the organization
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines
- A commitment to service excellence and customer satisfaction
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications
- Assertive, confident, persistent and results-oriented
- Solid team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible work schedule, including weekends and holidays for games and events
*This is an unpaid, academic internship. Must be receiving academic credit to be considered. Commission incentives will be available.
Interested applicants should forward their resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, July 28, 2017. Only those applicants that considered for an interview will be contacted.