In Search Of A Sixth Straight Win
Duluth, GA – The Toronto Rock (6-2) are back on the road for the third time in four weeks to take on the winless Georgia Swarm (0-5) tonight in the first of two meetings between the two teams this season. Next weekend, Georgia will travel north to face the Rock in the back half of this home-and-home.
Fans can watch the game vs. Georgia at 7:30pm ET on TSN as well as TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN+ with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN+ account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- The Rock made several roster moves on Friday afternoon. D Brandon Slade and F Zach Manns were moved from the Injured Reserve List to the Active Roster. F Josh Dawick was moved from the Practice Roster to the Active Roster. F Dan Dawson goes to the Injured Reserve List with a lower body injury and D Jordan McKenna and F Marley Angus were placed on the Practice Roster.
- Tom Schreiber set a Rock record with 12 assists in last weekend’s 22-14 win over the New York Riptide at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton. His 15 points tied the Rock record for most points in a game, now shared with Garrett Billings.
- Speaking of Schreiber, he led the league with 47 goals last year in 15 games. The fewest games played between the three players who finished with 47. This year, he sits tied for second in league goal scoring with 24 goals, one behind Buffalo’s Josh Byrne. Both have played 8 games.
- Nick Rose is in the MVP conversation with his red-hot start to the season, leading the league with an 8.98 GAA and a .819 save percentage. Tonight, he will play his 200th NLL game.
- Reigning Defensive Player of the Year Mitch de Snoo leads all pure defenders with 16 points (9G + 7A). He is also 4th in LBs with 78 and 3rd in CTOs with 13. Another DPOY award coming? Teammate Brad Kri may have something to say about that, he sits 2nd in the league with 18 CTOs and 6th in LBs at 65.
- Latrell Harris needs 5 loose balls to reach 500 in his career.
- TD Ierlan is 23 faceoff wins away from 400 in his career.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features a game day primer with Rock Head Coach Matt Sawyer.
Fans should also check out the third episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel.
Tickets are on sale now for the Rock’s next home game on Saturday, February 18 when the Rock battle this same Georgia Swarm squad.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit torontorock.com.