History Is Here
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (8-4) take on the Georgia Swarm (7-6) tonight at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON. This is the first half of a home-and-home with the Swarm that concludes next weekend.
Fans can watch the game live at 5:00pm ET on TSN2 and on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- 40-year-old Dan Dawson is set to break the NLL’s all-time games played record, breaking the tie with John Tavares (306). He is also just two assists shy of setting a new NLL all-time assists record, also currently held by Tavares (934). Tonight, should be the night both records fall!
- With 33 saves, Nick Rose will become the 9th goalie in NLL history with 5,000 career saves.
- The Rock have won six of their last seven games, while the Swarm come into the game as winners of three straight.
- While Georgia’s Lyle Thompson has 39 goals in 13 games to lead the NLL, Tom Schreiber’s 32 goals in 10 games give him a slightly higher, and league-best, goals-per game average of 3.2.
- Special teams may play a big role in the outcome of the game. The Rock have the league’s second-best power play at home (53.6%), however the Swarm have the league’s second-best penalty kill on the road (67.7%). Overall, they’re first on the PK.
- The Swarm are dead even with 155 GF and GA. The Rock have a +21 goal differential with 138 GF and 117 GA.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features star rookie defender Phil Mazzuca.
Next week, the Rock will play two games in one weekend for the first and only time this season. Friday night, they will travel to Georgia to face the Swarm in the back half of this home-and-home set. And then, on Saturday, April 2 they will return home to face the West Division leading San Diego Seals at 7pm ET at FirstOntario Centre.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit torontorock.com.