WHAT TO WATCH FOR VS. HALIFAX THUNDERBIRDS
East Division Showdown Friday Night
Halifax, NS – It’s an early season showdown that will have a playoff feel on Friday night when the Toronto Rock (1-0) travel to the east coast to take on the Halifax Thunderbirds (1-0) at Scotiabank Centre in Halifax, NS.
Fans can watch the game live at 6pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. Simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- The Rock and Thunderbirds split their two meetings in 19-20. The Rock dominated the Halifax squad in a 12-9 win at home. On the road, a banged-up Rock team came up just short in a 9-8 loss at Halifax as the Thunderbirds hung on for a home win of their own.
- There will be a familiar face to Rock fans in the Halifax lineup. Former Rock Stephan Leblanc left the New England Black Wolves (now Albany) during the off-season and signed as an unrestricted free agent with the Thunderbirds. He had 3 assists in his debut with his new team last week.
- With his next win, Nick Rose will pass Dallas Eliuk for 7th on the all-time goalie wins list. They are currently tied with 69 career wins after Rose’s win in last week’s home opener.
- The Rock power play was 5-for-6 in the home opener win over Albany. The Rock power play never scored more than two times in a game in 19-20 and was last in the league in efficiency. Should the trend continue upwards this season, the Rock just got a lot more dangerous.
- Speaking of Dangerous, Dan Dawson is one game closer (298) to breaking the all-time games played record and one assist closer (911) to breaking that all-time record as well. 9 games to go, and 24 assists to go.
Get up to speed on this week’s game with the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast. On this episode, hear what Captain Challen Rogers had to say about the Home Opener and what he expects from Friday’s matchup with the Thunderbirds.
The Rock’s next home game will be Saturday, December 18 against the Philadelphia Wings. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.ca and torontorock.com and will be available at the FirstOntario Centre box office on game day.
For more information on Toronto Rock Prorated Season Memberships, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive at 416-596-3075 or visit torontorock.com.