The National Lacrosse League has announced that the 2010 NLL Entry Draft, presented by Marc Mesh, will take place on Wednesday, September 8th in Toronto. The Entry Draft will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle, and will begin at 6pm Eastern. A live online broadcast of the draft is scheduled to air on The NLL Network at NLL.com. The 2010 Entry Draft is presented by Marc Mesh, the Official Mesh of the National Lacrosse League.
More than 60 players will be selected in the six-round Entry Draft, which features the best young talent from NCAA lacrosse programs at US colleges and universities as well as Canada’s junior lacrosse system. The Rochester Knighthawks currently hold the first overall selection. The Toronto Rock’s first pick comes in the second round, 14th overall.
The league’s ten member clubs will be drafting players who will look to make an impact during the 2011 season, which begins in January. The 2011 season will marks the 25th anniversary season of professional indoor lacrosse.
The current order of selection, as of August 11, is listed below. The list is subject to change pending trades between the clubs leading up to and during the Entry Draft.
1. Rochester (from Colorado)
2. Boston (from Philadelphia)
3. Boston (from Rochester via Colorado via Rochester)
5. Rochester (from Boston)
6. Calgary (from Buffalo)
7. Calgary (from Edmonton)
9. Buffalo (from Toronto)
10. Rochester (from Washington)
14. Toronto (from Boston)
16. Toronto (from Edmonton)
17. Calgary (from Calgary via Colorado)
18. Minnesota (from Orlando)
19. Philadelphia (from Toronto via Calgary)
20. Philadelphia (from Washington via Boston)
21. Buffalo (from Portland via Rochester)
25. Philadelphia (from Minnesota)
29. Edmonton (from Calgary)
32. Calgary (from Colorado)
34. Minnesota (from Rochester)
54. Minnesota (from Rochester)
56. Toronto (from Boston)
59. Toronto (from Calgary)