Home Opener Saturday Night At FirstOntario Centre
Oakville, ON – The NLL is back! For 636 days we’ve all waited, but on Saturday night the wait is over. The Toronto Rock will host the Albany FireWolves at 7pm ET at Hamilton’s FirstOntario Centre.
For those unable to attend the home opener, the game will be broadcast live from coast to coast on TSN and streamed on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App.
Here’s what to watch for at the Home Opener.
- The Albany FireWolves, relocated from New England (BlackWolves) during the pandemic. In 19-20, the FireWolves finished the COVID shortened season with the NLL’s best record at 8-3. The Rock were 7-4.
- While the Rock lineup looks very familiar, the FireWolves lost two major pieces of their offence. Callum Crawford (New York) and Stephan Leblanc (Halifax) both left in free agency.
- Defender Chris Weier and forward Justin Scott are the two true Rock rookies on the Active Roster. Playing 3 games or less, Aaron Forster (1) and Jamison Dilks (2) both still qualify as NLL rookies and were with the Rock in 19-20.
- Dan Dawson begins his pursuit of two major NLL milestones tonight. At 297 GP, he is 10 games away from breaking the all-time Games Played record of 306 and he’s 25 assists away at 910 from the all-time Assists record of 934. Both records are currently held by John Tavares. He is also 65 points away from becoming the second player in history to 1500 career points.
- With his next win, Nick Rose can tie Dallas Eliuk for 7th on the all-time goalie wins list with 69 career wins.
For some audio, check out this week’s Toronto Rock Total Access podcast. On this episode, go in depth with Rock Owner, President and GM Jamie Dawick and Rock Head Coach Matt Sawyer.
Tickets for the home opener are on sale now through ticketmaster.ca and torontorock.com and will be available at the FirstOntario Centre box office.
For more information on Toronto Rock Season Memberships, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive at 416-596-3075 or visit torontorock.com.