January 28, 2023
WHAT TO WATCH FOR VS. CALGARY ROUGHNECKS
First And Only Western Roadie This Season
Calgary, AB – The Toronto Rock (4-2) head west tonight to visit the Calgary Roughnecks (3-2) for the first and only time this season. The Rock have been blowing the doors off their opponents over their three-game winning streak and tonight will look to make it four in a row.
Fans can watch the game vs. Calgary live at 9pm ET on TSN 3 & 4 as well as TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN+ with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN+ account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- The last time these two teams met was the very last game played before the pandemic on Sunday, March 8, 2020 in Toronto. The Rock dropped a 13-10 decision to the Roughnecks.
- Rock defender Josh Jubenville will serve a one game suspension tonight for the match penalty incurred on January 14 vs. Halifax. Moving to the active roster is practice roster defender Jordan McKenna.
- Dan Dawson was moved to the injured reserve list last week with a lower body injury and was moved back to the Active Roster on Friday. He is 10 points away from 1500 in his career. He would be just the 2nd player to reach the milestone in NLL history.
- With 6 points tonight, Tom Schreiber will reach 400 in his NLL career.
- Brad Kri will suit up for his 100th game with the Rock this evening.
- A win for Nick Rose tonight and he moves past Aaron Bold, taking over sole possession of the 6th spot on the NLL’s All-time wins list.
- Nick Rose leads the NLL with the best GAA at 8.01 and the best Save Percentage at .835.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features a visit with Rock goaltender Nick Rose and Head Coach Matt Sawyer.
Fans should also check out the second episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel.
Tickets are still available for the Rock’s next home game against the New York Riptide on Sat., Feb. 4 at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton. The game is also Kidz Night, and fans can get a FREE youth ticket with the purchase of a regular priced adult ticket only through ticketmaster.ca.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit torontorock.com.