Rock Aiming To Get Back On Track Before Holiday Break
Hamilton, ON – After a disappointing 11-7 loss in Halifax last Friday night, the Toronto Rock (1-1) will look to get back in the win column against the undefeated Philadelphia Wings (2-0) on Saturday night at 7pm ET at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON.
Fans can watch the game live at 7pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. Simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- Tom Schreiber was placed on the COVID-19 Protocol List today. The rest of the offence will have to pick up the slack for Captain America as he scored 4 goals in each of the Rock’s first two games and was tied for the league lead with 8 goals entering this weekend’s games.
- Philadelphia’s Brett Hickey is one former Rock in the lineup for the Wings tonight. Hickey remains the only player to ever top the 50-goal mark in a Rock uniform when he scored 50 in 2015.
- The Rock have struggled mightily in the faceoff circle. With just 9 wins total in 2 games, it’s an area of concern that could be addressed tonight if TD Ierlan makes his NLL debut. It would also present an intriguing matchup of two of the greatest NCAA faceoff men of all-time with Ierlan going up against Philadelphia’s Trevor Baptiste.
- While the Rock Power Play dipped from 5-for-6 in game one to 1-for-5 in game two, overall they still sit at 54.5% and 3rd overall in the league. At 60%, the Rock’s penalty kill is middle of the pack at 7th entering the weekend.
- If the Rock’s Nick Rose earns the win in goal tonight, he’ll pass Dallas Eliuk and have sole possession of 7th overall on the NLL’s career wins list. The two are currently tied at 69 wins apiece.
Get up to speed on this week’s game with the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast. On this episode, hear what goaltender Nick Rose had to say about Saturday’s game against Philadelphia
The Rock will have the two weekends off and return to action in the new year with a trip to Buffalo to face their biggest rivals, the Bandits on Saturday, January 8. The Rock’s next home game will be Saturday, January 15 against the Halifax Thunderbirds. Tickets are available at ticketmaster.ca and torontorock.com and will be available at the FirstOntario Centre box office on game day.
For more information on Toronto Rock Prorated Season Memberships, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive at 416-596-3075 or visit torontorock.com.