Focused On Getting Better
Philadelphia, PA – The Toronto Rock (3-3) are in Philadelphia to face the Wings (5-3) for the second and final time this season tonight at 8pm ET at Wells Fargo Center. The Rock won the first meeting between the two teams by a score of 12-9 on December 18 at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON.
Fans can watch the game live at 8:00pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- The Rock will welcome back a pair of players with open arms this evening. Reid Reinholdt and Brandon Slade were both placed on the Active Roster on Thursday. They had each been sidelined with lower body injuries.
- Tom Schreiber’s six-goal game against Rochester has vaulted him to 5th overall in league goal scoring with 15 goals in just 4 games. All three players ahead of him have played 2+ more games than Captain America. Schreiber trails San Diego’s Dane Dobbie and New York’s Connor Kearnan by 4 goals for the league lead (19).
- Goaltender Nick Rose has started 73 consecutive regular season games for the Rock, the longest active streak in the NLL and the longest dating back to at least 2002 per league resources. The streak began on April 23, 2016 at Colorado. Rose has also started every game since Matt Sawyer became the Rock’s head coach to start the 2016-17 season. He’s the NLL’s goaltending iron man.
- The Rock are still looking for their first road win of the season after losses at Halifax and at Buffalo to begin the season. The Rock are 3-1 at home with their only home loss coming in overtime to Halifax.
- TD Ierlan’s first NLL game was against Philadelphia, and it was also the first time we got to see perhaps the NLL’s marquee faceoff matchup between Ierlan and the Wings’ draw specialist Trevor Baptiste. The Wings’ veteran won the first showdown between the two, getting the better of Ierlan by the slimmest of margins 13-11.
- The Rock announced this week that the team will play its Feb. 12 home game without fans again. However, fans will now be treated to the game with Buffalo on TV as the NLL’s Game of the Week across Canada on TSN at the revised start time of 5pm ET.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s guests are Rock Head Coach Matt Sawyer and goaltender Nick Rose.
The Rock’s next game will be at home on Saturday, February 12 against the Buffalo Bandits. The league’s best rivalry will be featured as the NLL Game of the Week across Canada on TSN.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at [email protected] or visit torontorock.com.