Final Game Of The Regular Season Tonight
Buffalo, NY – The Toronto Rock (12-5) take on the Buffalo Bandits (14-3) tonight at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, NY. The Rock and Bandits will be doing some scoreboard watching tonight to see who will be their respective first round playoff opponents.
Tonight, if Halifax wins (at Rochester) or both Halifax and Georgia (vs. Philadelphia) lose, then the Rock will play Halifax in the first round of the playoffs. However, should Halifax lose and Georgia win, then the Rock would play Georgia to open the postseason.
Fans can watch the game vs. Buffalo live at 7:30pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- When the whistle blows, Rock Head Coach Matt Sawyer will pass Les Bartley for most games behind the bench as Head Coach in franchise history with 83. He also served as an assistant coach on the bench in ’05, ’06, and ’16 adding another 45 games to his Rock bench totals.
- The Rock have moved Reid Reinholdt to the Injured Reserve List with an upper body injury. Justin Scott has been placed on the Active Roster from the Practice Roster.
- The Rock will continue to be without star forward Rob Hellyer, out since suffering an upper body injury against Georgia on April 1.
- A Rock win tonight would be the team’s second highest win total ever at 13. The only season with more was in 2015 when the Rock finished 14-4 and made it all the way to the NLL final before losing to the Rush.
- With their win on April 16 vs. Halifax, the Rock clinched the #2 in the East Conference and a first-round home playoff game against either Halifax or Georgia on Friday, May 6 at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton.
- Since beginning the season 2-3, the Rock are red hot and are 10-2 since then including four straight wins coming into tonight’s season finale.
- The season series has been a split so far with Buffalo winning at home 12-6 back on Jan. 8 and the Rock getting revenge on their home floor just over a month later on Feb. 12 with a 12-10 win. That win for the Rock was the Bandits first loss of the season.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features Toronto Rock Owner, President, and GM Jamie Dawick.
Tickets are now on sale for Friday’s first-round East Conference Semi-Final game at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit torontorock.com.