Everything is on the line tonight
Buffalo, NY – The Toronto Rock (13-4) will take on the Buffalo Bandits (12-4) on Saturday night at KeyBank Center in Buffalo, NY in an East Conference matchup that will decide first place and home floor through the East Conference playoffs. It’s the Rock’s final regular season game.
This is the third and final meeting between the Rock and Bandits this season, with each team winning once. Both previous games were played in Hamilton at FirstOntario Centre. The Bandits won the first head-to-head meeting back in December; however, the Rock punished the Bandits in a lopsided 18-7 win just three weeks ago.
Fans can watch the game vs. Buffalo at 8:00pm ET on TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App as well as ESPN+ and ESPNU. To stream the game, simply login to TSN+ with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN+ account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- The Rock’s best season in franchise history was the 2015 campaign in which the team finished with a 14-4 record. That was also the last season the Rock made the NLL Finals. A win tonight will be the Rock’s 14th of the season, matching the 2015 mark as a franchise best.
- The Rock’s single-season points record should fall tonight. Garrett Billings recorded 114 points in 2012, but Tom Schreiber is well within striking distance of that mark sitting at 112 points. Schreiber’s 112 points is also the top mark for an American-born NLL player, breaking the previous high of 111 set last year by current Philadelphia Wings forward Joe Resetarits while with Albany.
- Nick Rose has the league’s best goals-against average at 8.91 but perhaps most impressive is the consistency he’s exhibited this season. Rose has held opponents under 10 goals-against an incredible 10 times this season. Another such effort tonight would surely put him as the clubhouse leader for his first NLL goalie of the year award.
- The Rock and the Bandits have clinched NLL Quarterfinal playoff games at home the first weekend in May. The Rock will be at home on Friday, May 5, while the Bandits will play at home the next night.
- A Rock win combined with a San Diego loss vs. Las Vegas tonight will clinch the Rock the first overall seed for the postseason.
- On Saturday morning, the Rock placed forward Stephen Keogh on the Active Roster from the Injured Reserve List. F Josh Dawick was placed on the Practice Roster.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast with co-host Challen Rogers to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show checks in with Rock defender Chris Weier. Learn about his path to the NLL and his passion away from lacrosse, officiating major junior hockey in the OHL.
Fans should also check out the latest episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel and on TSN+.
The Rock have clinched home floor advantage in the first round and will host a yet to be determined opponent in the NLL Quarterfinals on Friday, May 5 at 7:30pm at FirstOntario Centre. The Playoff Pack and single game tickets are on sale now!
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.