One Win Streak Ends And Another One Can Begin Tonight
Calgary, AB – The Toronto Rock (5-1) will go up against the Calgary Roughnecks (2-4) on Saturday night at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, AB. The Rock are looking to rebound after suffering their first loss of the season last week against Buffalo.
In an interesting schedule twist, the Roughnecks are coming into tonight’s game after having lost at home last night 11-10 to New York. A one-goal loss in front of their home fans that had the ‘Necks Head Coach Josh Sanderson declaring there were, “no bright spots,” in his club’s performance.
Fans can watch the game vs. Calgary at 9:00pm ET on TSN 1 & 4 and TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App as well as ESPN+. To stream the game, you need a TSN+ subscription.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- The Rock will get back two huge pieces of their defensive corps this evening with Josh Jubenville and TD Ierlan both moving from the Injured Reserve List to the Active Roster. Ierlan has missed two games, but still leads the NLL with an unbelievable faceoff win percentage of 84%. Jubenville has missed three games and his return will give the backend an infusion of speed and energy.
- It’s Orangeville vs. Orangeville as far as tonight’s coaching matchup goes. Rock coaches Matt Sawyer (HC), Bruce Codd (AC), and Rusty Kruger (AC) and Calgary coaches Josh Sanderson (HC) and Phil Sanderson (AC), all won the Minto Cup Canadian Jr. A Championship as players with the Orangeville Jr. A Northmen. Taking it a step further, add in Calgary AC Troy Cordingley and all 6 coaches in tonight’s game have either played for or have been a coach with the Toronto Rock, Kruger and Codd have both played and coached with the Rock.
- Brad Kri put up an NLL season-high 7 CTOs last week and in the process shot up the CTO league leader ladder, leaping to 16 total in 6 games. He’s now just one back of NLL leader Jake Withers who has 17 in 7 games.
- Tom Schreiber finished the game against Buffalo last week with 2 goals and 4 assists for 6 points. After the game, Schreiber repeatedly emphasized how happy and thankful he was to be back, and also did so in a Peter Schwartz article this week. Now that he’s returned and the rust is off, look out for Captain America tonight.
- Century Club? Nick Rose needs just 1 win to join Matt Vinc, Pat O’Toole, Bob Watson and Mike Poulin in the Century Club with 100 or more career wins.
- Injury Report: Chris Corbeil (UBI) is listed as out for tonight’s game.
- The Rock will return home to face these same Roughnecks next Saturday night at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton.
Get up to speed with the latest episode of the Toronto Rock Total Access Podcast featuring a deep dive into some growth of the game topics with Rock Captain Challen Rogers.
Fans should also check out the latest episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel and on TSN+.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.