Can the Rock make it seven in a row?
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (7-2) are back home to begin a stretch where they will play three of their next four at home as they face the winless Georgia Swarm (0-6) tonight in the back half of a home-and-home. In the first half of the two-game set last Friday in Georgia, the Rock got the better of the Swarm, escaping with an 11-10 win.
Fans can watch the game vs. Georgia at 7:00pm ET on TSN as well as TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN+ with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN+ account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- History will have to wait as Dan Dawson remains on the Injured Reserve List with a lower body injury. At 1499, he is one point away from becoming just the second player in NLL history to reach the 1500 career point plateau. Buffalo’s John Tavares is the only other player to pass the milestone.
- Star defender Mitch de Snoo was placed on the Injured Reserve List on Saturday with a lower body injury suffered in last weekend’s win over Georgia. He is not expected to be out long. Moving to the Active Roster is forward Marley Angus.
- Rock forward, and the team’s top pick in the 2022 NLL Draft (2nd rd, 28th), scored his first and second goals of his NLL career in last weekend’s win over Georgia and will get another chance to add to his goal total with Dawson out of the lineup.
- Tom Schreiber’s 27 goals had him in second place, just one goal behind Connor Fields (ROC) and Jeff Teat (NY) who have 28. Schreiber also leads the league in shots on goal and at 132 SOG, he was the only player over 100 this season entering the weekend.
- Brad Kri is tied with Halifax’s Graeme Hossack for the league lead in CTOS. The two are also likely the top two candidates at mid-season for the NLL Defensive Player of the Year.
- TD Ierlan has been dominant at the dot this season, winning 66% of his faceoffs, third best W% in the NLL. He is just 7 FOW shy of 400 in his career.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features a wonderful conversation with Rock captain Challen Rogers.
Fans should also check out the third episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel.
Tickets are still available for tonight’s game. Also, some Rock all-time greats will be in the building tonight with Team Watson facing Team Doyle at halftime.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.