Rock Look To Keep This Train Rolling Down The Tracks Despite Injuries
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (4-0) will face the Georgia Swarm (4-2) on Saturday night at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON. The Rock’s win last weekend in Halifax was the team’s first in ‘the Nest’ and also pushed the Rock to a franchise-best 4-0 start to the season.
Fans can watch the game vs. Georgia at 7:00pm ET on TSN’s digital platform TSN+ via TSN.ca and the TSN App as well as ESPN+. To stream the game, you need a TSN+ subscription.
Here’s what to watch for in Saturday’s matchup.
- TD Ierlan was placed on Injured Reserve today and Cam Milligan has been placed on the Active Roster from the Practice Roster.
- The Rock’s previous best 3-0 starts all came in years where the team ended up with at least a trip to the NLL finals and twice went on to win the NLL title. Good start equals a good finish? Rock City certainly hopes that is the case once again this year.
- Shoot more, score more? Maybe it’s not that easy but Dan Craig shares the team lead in goals at 9 and he’s done that on just 21 shots on goal over four games. Corey Small’s 9 goals have come on 30 shots on goal, and that’s not a bad success rate either.
- Corey Small will play his 200th career game tonight.
- Bill Hostrawser already has 9 CTO’s, his career high is 22 in 21-22.
- With 3 helpers, Mark Matthews can pass Rhys Duch for 12th in all-time NLL assists. And, he’s just 8 assists shy of passing Gavin Prout for 11th.
- Nick Rose needs 369 saves and 9 wins to pass Bob Watson in both categories for the all-time franchise lead. It’s a while down the road, but both milestones may be achieved this season.
- More Rosey. He needs just 2 wins to join Matt Vinc, Pat O’Toole, Bob Watson and Mike Poulin in the Century Club with 100 or more career wins.
- Injury Report: Chris Corbeil (UBI), Josh Jubenville (UBI), and Tom Schreiber (LBI) remain on the Injured Reserve List.
Get up to speed with the latest episode of the Toronto Rock Total Access Podcast featuring a 1-on-1 with Rock captain Challen Rogers.
Fans should also check out the latest episode of Rock City Unplugged, streaming now on the Rock’s YouTube Channel and on TSN+.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit torontorock.com.