Time To Answer The Bell
Duluth, GA – The Toronto Rock (8-5) take on the Georgia Swarm (8-6) tonight at Gas South Arena in Duluth, GA. This is the back half of a home-and-home with the Swarm. Georgia took the opener 10-6 last Saturday night in Hamilton, ON.
Fans can watch the game live at 7:30pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- Earlier today, the Rock announced Dan Dawson and Bill Hostrawser have been placed on the PUP List while Josh Jubenville has been placed on the Injured Reserve List. Aaron Forster, Justin Scott, and Jordan McKenna have all been placed on the Active Roster.
- While Toronto’s offence struggled last weekend’s 10-6 loss, the same can’t be said for Nick Rose who turned in another solid performance in net allowing only 8 goals. Georgia scored 2 empty netters to inflate the gap. Rose became just the 9th goalie in league history to record 5,000 saves. He sits 3rd in the league in GAA and 2nd in wins at 8.
- Tom Schreiber scored twice last week and his 34 goals in 11 games give him the highest goals per game average in the league at 3.1. Georgia’s Lyle Thompson is second at 3 goals per game. This will be a showdown between the league’s top two goal scorers.
- The Rock haven’t had much success against the Swarm in Georgia, only winning once in five tries.
- The Rock have outshot their opponents in all but one contest this year. They are 8-4 when they outshoot their opposition, and 0-1 when they don’t.
- Rob Hellyer (600) needs just two points to pass Stephan Leblanc (601) for 4th all-time in Rock career scoring.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features long-time NLL analyst Brian Shanahan.
Tomorrow night, the Rock are back at home against the top team in the West, the San Diego Seals. Game time is 7pm ET at FirstOntario Centre. Fans can watch the game on TSN 2 or on TSN Direct.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.