Keep the home floor mojo going!
Hamilton, ON – The Toronto Rock (2-2) will play host to the Halifax Thunderbirds (2-0) tonight at 7:00pm ET at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON. Due to provincial restrictions, the game will be played without fans in attendance.
Fans can watch the game live at 7:00pm ET on TSN2 and TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- The Rock have signed UFA lefty forward Mark Cockerton to a 1-year agreement. The former NLL 1st round pick last played in 2020 for Rochester but has a much deeper lacrosse resume outdoors at the NCAA level and in the MLL and PLL. This will be another shot for the 30-year old to strut his stuff in the box.
- The Rock will welcome back Dan Dawson and Tom Schreiber to the lineup. However, the list of players in COVID Protocol continues to grow with Rob Hellyer, Latrell Harris, Justin Scott and Jordan McKenna all placed on the list heading into the weekend. The Rock will also be without Brandon Slade and Reid Reinholdt who were both placed on Injured Reserve earlier this week. Phil Mazzuca and Riley Hutchcraft have been moved to the Active Roster.
- Dan Dawson will be just the second player in NLL history to play 300 regular season games tonight. John Tavares is the other, and his record of 306 is within reach for Dawson this season.
- At 1445 points, Dawson trails John Grant Jr. by just one point for second most points in NLL history. Dawson should move past Grant tonight if things go right for Dangerous Dan.
- Tom Schreiber and his wife Kathleen welcomed a new addition to the family this week with the birth of their first child. Lillian Grace Schreiber was born on Tuesday evening.
Check out this week’s edition of Toronto Rock Total Access and get up to speed before tonight’s game. This week’s guests are Head Coach Matt Sawyer and the legendary Dan Dawson who continues to chase history.
The Rock’s next game will be Saturday, January 29 against the Rochester Knighthawks at Hamilton’s FirstOntario Centre. The game will be televised as the NLL’s Game of the Week on TSN at 7pm ET.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at [email protected] or visit torontorock.com.