History Will Have To Wait
Vancouver, BC – The Toronto Rock (7-4) take on the Vancouver Warriors (5-5) tonight at Rogers Place in Vancouver, BC. This is the only meeting this season between the two teams.
Fans can watch the game live at 10:00pm ET on TSN’s digital platforms via TSN.ca and the TSN App. To stream the game, simply login to TSN Direct with your cable or satellite provider’s credentials or your TSN Direct account info if you’re a subscriber to the streaming service.
Here’s what to watch for in tonight’s matchup.
- Earlier today, the team announced that forward Dan Dawson has been placed on the Injured Reserve List. The 40-year-old veteran was set to break the NLL’s all-time games played record, passing John Tavares. He is also just two shy of setting a new NLL all-time assists record, also currently held by Tavares. The Rock next play on Saturday, March 26 at home.
- A number of Rock players are from the west coast and will be playing in front of family and friends this weekend, some for the first time in their NLL careers. Zach Manns, Adam Jay, Reid Reinholdt and captain Challen Rogers are the notables that grew up playing in BC.
- Since the Warriors franchise has been located in the province of BC, the Rock are 10-1 in 11 meetings, including 5-1 at Vancouver.
- At 54.09 shots per game, the Rock lead the league in that category. That’s just over 7 more than the Warriors at 46.90. However, the two teams are producing almost the exact same number of goals per game with Toronto at 11.27 and Vancouver at 11.3.
- Vancouver has the third best power play in the NLL, but they are first in the league at home at 55.6%. The Rock are 11th in the league on the road at 42.1% with the man advantage.
Check out this week’s edition of the Toronto Rock Total Access podcast to get yourself ready for the game. This week’s show features Rock Owner, President and GM Jamie Dawick.
Next week, the Rock will enjoy a bye and have the chance to get healthy before the stretch run as the regular season begins to wind down. Following the bye week, the Rock will be at home on Saturday, March 26 against the Georgia Swarm at 5pm at FirstOntario Centre in Hamilton, ON.
For more information on Toronto Rock tickets, please contact a Toronto Rock account executive by phone at 416-596-3075, by email at email@example.com or visit torontorock.com.